You are eligible to apply for this visa if you are between 18 and 31 and want to work in Australia for a period of 12 months. The Working Holiday Visa is a one-year visa (12 months) and is granted only for one time (except for exceptions where the renewal of the working holiday visa is allowed) to citizens with certain characteristics imposed by Australian immigration laws. With the working holiday visa you can travel and work in Australia without any restrictions.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REQUESTING A HOLIDAY WORKING VISA
To apply for a working holiday visa you must:
• Be between 18 and 30 years old (included)
• Have an Italian passport (or other passport of nationalities affiliated with Australia)
• Do not have any children during your stay in Australia
• Demonstrate financial resources for the period of stay (€ 3,500 equal to about $ AUD 5,000)
• Not having previously applied for a Working Holiday Visa or Work & Holiday visa (except for exceptions)
WHAT CAN YOU DO ON A WORKING HOLIDAY VISA
The Working Holiday Visa allows you to:
• Live and work in Australia for up to 12 months from the moment you enter the country
• Work full-time (full time) and up to a maximum of six months with the same employer (there are exceptions for those who want to be sponsored later)
• Study English for up to 12 weeks (4 months)
• Enter and leave Australia without any problems during the WHV visa
SECOND WORKING HOLIDAY VISA
If during the year of stay in Australia with the WHV visa proves to have worked for a period of at least 3 months (88 days) in the regional Australian areas (regional areas of Australia), it will be possible to request the second Working Holiday Visa (also known as renewal of the second working holiday visa).
HOW TO REQUEST THE SECOND WORKING HOLIDAY VISA
If you apply for the 2nd WHV visa from within Australia, you must make the request before the expiry of the first working holiday visa. As long as the requirements for the WHV indicated above are met, there are no particular time limits if the request for the second working holiday visa is made outside Australia.
In both cases it will be necessary to demonstrate that you have carried out certain work activities in the regional areas (the experience for the renewal of the working holiday visa must be documented).
Specialized Immigration Assistance
At Australia Legal, we provide strategic guidance on all Immigration visa matters. Visa matters can be complex and require an evaluation on a case by case study. Make sure to contact us to understand your eligibility for you to start living in Australia.